WPA Class I Certifications- Nashville, TN, May 13-14th!
May 13 @ 8:00 am - May 14 @ 5:00 pm
Whether you want to teach SUP or SUP yoga or you just want to take your paddling to the next level, we have the program that will stuff your brain full of info about paddle technique and water safety. You can earn your World Paddle Association Class 1 and SUP Yoga certification right here in Music City!Registration is open for Nashville Paddle Co.’s new-and-improved two-day certification and training program on May 13, 2017 and May 14, 2017.
In the SUP Yoga Certification and you’ll learn:
- How to sequence a yoga class for all levels of students on a board
- How to cue and demonstrate yoga poses during a class
- Tips on growing your classes and resources when starting a business
The first day of training includes a WPA Class 1 Certification. If you’re not a yoga instructor, but want to grow and expand your knowledge of paddling or consider teaching on the water, join us for the 1-day course. You’ll learn:
- Basic water rescue techniques
- Best practices for paddling techniques
- How to convey safety for groups and individuals on the water
- Effective ways to teach in front of a group
Once you have your certification, you’ll be in a better position to safely and confidently expand your SUP yoga classes in our own city. Nashville Paddle Co. can provide board, paddle and PFD discounts for yogis looking to start or expand their own SUP Yoga programs in their home cities.
Cost is $495. Not interested in yoga? The one-day WPA-only portion training is $295 (deduct $35 from either training if you are bringing your own board, paddle and PFD).
Certification is held at Nashville Paddle’s boathouse on J. Percy Priest Lake. Class size is limited and registration is now open. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.